Implement shed fire is total loss

Black smoke pours out of Andy and Sarah Renyer’s implement shed next to their home on Saturday, August 26. The shed and its contents are considered a total loss.

An implement shed and its contents are considered a total loss after a fire destroyed the shed this past weekend.

The Sabetha Fire Department (SFD) received a call at 12:56 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 26, to the house of Andy and Sarah Renyer — located at 2381128th Road, just south of Sabetha.

When the SFD arrived, they found the Renyers’ implement shed ablaze. The SFD responded with five trucks and 16 firemen. They were on the scene until 3:48 p.m.

According to Sabetha Fire Chief Jim Johnson, the cause of the fire was accidental in nature, but the shed and its contents are considered a total loss.

Some items in the shed included a camper, Ranger ATV, forklift, tools and other miscellaneous items.

The Renyers are waiting for an insurance adjuster and insurance investigator to come assess the damage.

The Sabetha Herald1935 Posts

<p>The Sabetha Herald has been serving Sabetha since 1876.</p>

0 Comments

What Are Your Thoughts?

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password