We would like to remind the public that the 10th annual Trick-or-Treat night will be held on Monday, Oct. 30, at the Brown County Sheriff’s office located at 709 Utah Street in Hiawatha. We will be on the lookout for ghosts and goblins starting at 5 p.m. and will go until we run out of treats.
The staff will be in kid friendly costumes, and are looking forward to seeing how many children will attend. We have trick or treat bags to hand out that contain safety information, mood cups, pencils, stickers, candy and orange glow sticks for safety.
We would also like to encourage all kids to have a safe and happy Halloween and follow some of these basic safety rules:
• Stay in well-lighted areas;
• Always trick-or-treat with friends and family;
• Do not enter a strange home or vehicle;
• Wear light-colored costume or add reflective tape to darker costumes;
• Make sure you can see well out of your mask/costume;
• Take a flashlight with you;
• Make sure an adult checks your treats before eating them;
• Only trick-or-treat at homes with a porch light on;
• Look both ways before crossing the street;
• Younger children should be accompanied by an adult.