Sabetha City Commission 11.27.2017
The Sabetha City Commission met in regular session at 6 p.m. Monday, Nov. 27. Present were Mayor Doug Clark, Commissioners Norm Schmitt, Nick Aberle, Maridel Wittmer and Julie Burenheide, City Administrator Doug Allen, Assistant City Administrator Bill Shroyer and City Clerk Steve Compo.
Commissioners approved the following:
• Minutes from the Nov. 13 meeting;
• Cereal malt beverage licenses for Casey’s General Store, Pizza Hut, All Star Store, Garrett Country Mart and Smoke’s Tavern and Sabetha Bowl, both for consumption on premises and carry out;
• Resolution No. 2017-18, for the GAAP Waiver, which is approved yearly;
• Allowing all non-essential city employees to have all day off on Friday, Dec. 22;
• and to tentatively cancel the second meeting of December, which would fall on Monday, Dec. 25. The commission will not reschedule the meeting, unless otherwise needed.
The next regular meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, Dec. 11, at City Hall.
Krista Wasinger70 Posts
Krista Wasinger is Co-Editor of The Sabetha Herald, where she has been on staff since 2011. She specializes in city reporting and feature stories, as well as photography and page and advertising design. Krista is a 2004 Fort Hays State University graduate with a degree in communications studies with an emphasis in journalism. She lives in Sabetha with her husband and four children.