Brown County Commission 1.22.18
The Board of Brown County Commissioners met on Monday, Jan. 22, in regular session with the following members present: Chairman Steve Roberts, Dwight A. Kruse and Keith Olsen. Also present were County Clerk Melissa Gormley and Deputy County Clerk, Dawn Boyles.
Jeremy Stover and Russ Stover of Freedom Hospice updated the commission on the Home Health and Hospice issues.
Sheriff John Merchant reported the following:
• There are 23 inmates — 19 males and four females — currently at the Brown County Jail.
• He presented an updated bid on the Next Gen 911 System. The original bid of $221,000 included all county dispatch services being located at the Brown County Sheriff’s Department. The new bid of $324,722 includes a back-up system located in Horton and also a five-year warranty on all equipment. Commissioners approved the new bid.
Community Corrections Director Venice Sloan discussed the quarterly cash reconciliation with the commission. Sloan also updated the commission on projects she is working on.
IT Director Sandy Carter discussed the purchase of a new PC server for the Courthouse at a cost of $32,990 with a five-year warranty.The purchase was approved by the commission.
Also at the meeting:
The Jan. 17 payroll was approved as follows: General,$73,405.86; Road and Bridge, $13,340.02; Election, $1,665.77; Technology, $520.63; Appraiser, $7,140.01; Noxious Weed, $1,707.25; ACC, $9,156.65; JJA Core, $11,306.12; ACE Fund, $158.42; Services for Elderly, $2,106; Solid Waste, $2,542.75; Employee Benefit FICA, $7,438.21; and Employee Benefit KPERS, $9,195.66. After State Unemployment/Workers Compensation of $140.03 and Insurance of $10,376.54 were taken out, the total paid was $129,166.78.
Also approved were the following:
• Emergency Vehicle Permits for Jason Hooper, Gordon Hooper, Josh Long, Todd Massey, Dennis Tietjens and Matt Tietjens.
• Deputy Coroner Appointments for the 22nd Judicial District. The appointments are for four-year terms, effective through January 2022. The complete list of 22 appointments may be viewed at the Brown County Clerk’s Office.
• Jan. 16 meeting minutes.
• Tax Change orders 2017-26 and 2017-27, and 2017-35 through 2017-49 were signed and approved.
County Clerk Gormley presented the following for the commission’s review:
• Kansas Workers Risk Cooperative for Counties Inspection.
• A corrected Fifth Addendum to the Hamm’s Agreement. Commissioners approved the corrected Fifth Addendum.
• The Landfill Tonnage Report.
The next meeting will be held Wednesday, Jan. 31, to approve month-end bills.