Sabetha City Commission: City sets fall burn dates
The Sabetha City Commission met in regular session at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 8, at City Hall. Present were Mayor Doug Clark, Commissioners Nick Aberle, Norm Schmitt, Maridel Wittmer and Julie Burenheide, City Administrator Doug Allen, Assistant City Administrator Bill Shroyer and City Clerk Steve Compo. Also present was patron Robert Ruddick.
The commissioners set fall burn dates for Tuesday, Oct. 9, through Monday, Nov. 26.
Also at the meeting:
Commissioners approved the following:
• Minutes from the Sept. 24 meeting.
• Ordinance No. 1535, extending alcohol consumption hours. This ordinance can be found on Page 6A of this week’s Herald.
• Ordinance No. 1534, authorizing issuance of $2,000,000 General Obligation Bond for Sixth Street. This ordinance can be found on Page 7A of this week’s Herald.
• Ordinance No. 1533, authorizing issuance of $815,000 General Obligation Bond for Prairie View Heights addition. This ordinance can be found on Page 7A of this week’s Herald.
• Resolution No. 2018-20, describing form and detail of $2,000,000 General Obligation Bond.
• Resolution No. 2018-19, describing form and detail of $815,000 General Obligation Bond.
• Wage Resolution No. 2018-21, for A.J. Ross, who has completed his orientation period.
• Fire Department application for David Nonnast.
The next regular meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, Oct. 22, at City Hall. City commission meetings are held at 6 p.m. the second and fourth Mondays of every month at City Hall. The meetings are open to the public.
Krista Wasinger58 Posts
Krista Wasinger is Co-Editor of The Sabetha Herald, where she has been on staff since 2011. She specializes in city reporting and feature stories, as well as photography and page and advertising design. Krista is a 2004 Fort Hays State University graduate with a degree in communications studies with an emphasis in journalism. She lives in Sabetha with her husband and four children.