Sabetha Fire Department 12.22.2018

At 4:59 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, the Sabetha Fire Department (SFD) was called to Hillcrest Apartments at 515 Roosevelt for a possible fire. Upon arrival, the homeowner – Jessica Rowell – had already extinguished the fire, and there was minimal damage to the outside of the house. The cause of the fire seems to be from a discarded cigarette in a pot outside of the door. SFD was on scene until 5:24 p.m.

At 1:41 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 22, the SFD was called out to a possible structure fire at El Canelo Mexican Restaurant. When SFD arrived, there was smoke throughout the building, and smoke had drifted over to All Star Convenience Store. Upon investigation, the women’s restroom exhaust fan had shorted out. SFD ventilated the building. There was minimal damage and no injuries. The SFD responded with three trucks and 14 firemen, and Sabetha EMS served standby, but were not needed.

The Sabetha Herald1830 Posts

The Sabetha Herald has been serving Sabetha since 1876.

0 Comments

What Are Your Thoughts?

Login

Welcome! Login in to your account

Remember me Lost your password?

Lost Password